Saturday, December 24, 2022

Day 23 2022


 



Iron Survivor Challenge 

JD McDonagh vs. Axiom vs. Grayson Waller vs. Carmelo Hayes vs. Joe Gacy

NXT Deadline


First I need to address an elephant in the room. JD was named in Speaking Out by an ex as being physically abusive. I obviously I can’t say whether it was true or not, however I will say that any praise I give of JD during this review is not me condoning his alleged past behavior or saying that he should be forgiven or let off the hook. Now back to business.


Same rules as the women’s equivalent with a shot at the NXT Championship on the line. JD and Axiom start and there’s actually some bad blood going into this between the two. Unlike the women, they don’t start slow. JD tries to jump Axiom during his entrance but Axiom knows his opponent too well. From there the two hit the ground running. 


Hayes is out next and what follows is fucking incredible. The spots these three pull off are all smooth, sufficiently brutal, and just so good. All in five minutes too. Awesome! Out fourth is Waller who immediately picks up two falls on Axiom and JD, I really liked that. In a nice little moment, Axiom goes back into the penalty box to wail on JD some more. Gacy is out fifth. The dude just starts wrecking everybody, it’s great. I’m such a sucker for wrestlers that are just destroyers like this. He quickly picks up two falls as well. 


The action is moving like lightening and this never feels like twenty five minutes. It flies by and all of it is awesome. The booking is also really well done. Carmelo, Waller, Axiom, and Gacy all pick up two falls leaving JD in the dust with none. With time running it out, it becomes a mad dash for that divisive third fall. Even though you probably already know who wins, I won’t spoil it here and will just encourage you to watch this if you haven’t already. Awesome match and possibly among my all time favorites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment