Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Day 11 2019






Progress: Natural Progression Series 6
Gene Munny vs. Scotty Davis

Gif not from this match, jsut felt it backed up what I said about Davis. 

The Natural Progression Series has been Progress’ way of introducing some new faces into their company and every winner has gone on to greater success, both in and out of kayfabe. From Will Ospreay to Toni Storm, it’s a talented list of winners. This year they put the tournament as its own show and put it up on YT for free, and I recommend the whole show, but we’re just here to talk about Munny and Davis.

Coming into this I never saw a Munny match and only one Davis match, but Scotty impressed me so I was eager to see more. I knew Munny had a mostly comedic character, proven by him popping out of a doghouse wearing a fur coat, collar, and sailors and being introduced as The Damn Dirty Dog. I was sold. Him belly flopping into the ring and humping the canvas just sealed the deal. 

Anyway some of those comedic shenanigans slip into this match but mostly it’s just these having a damn good match. Both men are fluid and smooth. The winner had two or three more matches to go through so they kept it light but not to this matches hindrance. It’s not a masterpiece but it’s a fluid, good match. Keep an eye on the name Scotty Davis, he’s so good and smooth and has so much upside. I don’t know how he is as a promo though...oh and he’s not even twenty yet and has been freestyle wrestling since he was six.  

No comments:

Post a Comment