Friday, December 13, 2019

Day 13 2019



WWE Extreme Rules 2012
Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena

I swear I’m going to start doing these on time again. 

Lesnars first match in WWE and wrestling in general in almost six years. This match goes about how you’d expect. Cena gets the crap kicked out of him for the majority of the match, even being busted open within the first few seconds of the match. Brock manhandles him in both conventional (ground and pound, working the arm) and unconventional (wrapping a chain around Cenas then hanging him from the turnbuckle post and using him like a heavy bag) ways. 

Brock looked like an absolute monster. I’ve seen this match  get high praise and honestly I don’t see it. It’s a fun brawl, but maybe I’m just so burnt one the Brock formula that I can’t see this as anything more then a prototype of that. I’ve seen people deride the ending but I think it works. Good match, but I think my expectations were a little too high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment