Saturday, December 25, 2021

Day 25 2021

 



AEW Rampage: The Buy In

Minors Suzuki vs. Bryan Danielson


KAZE NI NARE


I could give you a brief backstory on Suzuki, but I feel like the fact that fans refer to him as “Murder Grandpa” with equal amounts of fear and affection tells you everything you need to know. And of course Danielson has been the best of the best for over twenty years. Fans were salivating when this was announced. 


Suzuki and Danielson have a lot in common. They’re both stiff, brutal motherfucker that will take as much pain as they give and still smile and ask for more. But aside from that both are also technically sound. The wrestling sequences these two put together are buttery smooth especially in the last exchange that leads to the finish. The strikes fly in equal measure and they’re just as stiff as advertised. Add a hit crowd and hyped announcers and you’ve got a motherfucking winner.  


So why did I choose this instead of a goofy Christmas themed match? Aside from the fact that’s it a great match, I have a bit of a personal softness towards this match. The past few years have been an a ol oh for me as a wrestling fan. I’ve found myself gradually losing interest in WWEs week to week product and AEW didn’t exactly hook me either. Then there’s this match. 


This was the first match in a while I was HYPED as hell to talk about after. Something about this match just hit on a different level for me. It,reminded me why I’ve stayed a fan these twenty plus years. I was on such a high after this match aired. The high didn’t last but for a couple of days Suzuki/Danielson saved my interest in this goofy, frustrating as hell sport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment